Fire in the Sky 2005
- Memorial Day Weekend, May 28-30, 2005
- Mansfield, Washington
- 17,000' AGL Waiver
- $5/day or $10/weekend launch fee ($20 max per family)
- Camping on-site
- Porta-Potties on-site
- Showers at Mansfield High School ($2 per)
- Special Events:
- Rocket Building for Mansfield kids
- FAR101 night launch
- One-day EX launch at alternate location
- 100K' Balloon satellites
- NAR Open contest
- B Parachute Duration
- E Boost-Glider Duration
- F Dual Egg-loft Duration
- Can loft competition
Folks, here it is in a nutshell: the town of Mansfield and Mayor Tom Snell are ecstatic about hosting Fire in the Sky again in 2005. They are welcoming us with open arms ... Let's show them a great, and safe launch!
Links FITS 2005 FAQ
FITS 2005 Special Events
Fits 2005 Flyer (2.6M Word)
WAC Liability Waiver (27K PDF)
WAC Range Procedures (51K PDF)
WAC Flight Cards (30K PDF)
Email the Launch Director
for providing raffle prizes:
Aerotech Rocketry, Art Applewhite Rockets, Performance Rocketry, Public Missile Ltd., Red Arrow Hobbies, Rocket In A Box, The Rocketry Store at the Sunriver Nature Center & Observatory, Roy Jenkins (Giant Leap distributor), West Coast Hybrids.
- Acme Rocketry Can pre-order Aerotech, Cesaroni and AMW Restricted Access reloads and hardware from ACME for on-site delivery. Contact ACME directly to pre-order and pay. ACME will offer a 5% discount on orders placed for FITS under this program.
- Giant Leap distributor Roy Jenkins. Contact 541-459-6415 for stock or pre-order information.
- Puget Sound Propulsion - Easy Access and below Aerotech reloads. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for stock or pre-order information.
- The Rocketry Store at the Sunriver Nature Center & Observatory
- West Coast Hybrids
- New! -
Mansfield Chamber of Commerce will host a dinner on Saturday night. It will be served buffet style, beef and chicken, with veggies, salad and a dessert.
The cost is $9.95 for adults, $7.95 for kids 12 and younger, and $39.95 for groups of 5 or more people. Fees will be collected at the event.
They'd like to get a hard number of signups before the launch. Contact the Launch Director to reserve your grub!
The Mansfield Theater Company will also be presenting "Nunsense" at the Mansfield Playhouse (in town across from the post office) on Saturday night. Cost is $5 per person.
- Details -
- Mansfield is a rural area with limited infrastructure. Please read & heed the information about the Mansfield launch site.
- Please read & heed our new Range Procedures (51K PDF).
- Directions are on the Mansfield launch site page.
- Here's information on lodging/camping in the area.
- Please drive 3 mph as you approach the launch area, and within the launch area. A vehicle moving any faster can raise a surprising amount of very annoying dust!
- Check-in with launch officials when you arrive about parking & camping.
- Sign your liability waiver, pay range fees and get your wristband.
- Please do not park in any areas designated for vendors or for launch administration.
- Absolutely no fireworks or open fires! Please keep grills, stoves & lamp clear of brush and grass.
- Saturday: 8 AM - 7PM Night launch 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- Sunday: 8AM - 7PM, EX 8 AM - 7 PM
- Monday: 8AM - 3PM (limited GSE after noon)
- Please volunteer to help out. We can't do this launch without your help.
- Launch officials:
- Launch Director: Jim Wilkerson
- EX Launch Director: Scott Bowers
- LD Assistant: Bill Munds
- RSO's: Andrew MacMillen, Jerry Buckles, Jim Wilkerson, Robert Moscoe, Scott Bowers, Steve Bloom
- Commercial motors that are currently NAR, TRA or CAR safety certified only.
- EX launch per Tripoli EX procedures and restrictions.
- Contact the Launch Director for our 'motor mentor' program to have LEUP holders available to non-permit holders wishing to fly restricted access reloads
- WAC supports the adherence of all State and Federal regulations regarding the transport and use of hobby rocket motors.