Fire in the Sky 2017 Volunteers
We can't do this launch without your help! Please fill out the fields, select one or more jobs, and click the "Volunteer" button below to volunteer to help out at Fire in the Sky!
Restrictions: You must be level 2 or level 3 certified to act as RSO (primary or backup). You must be a TRA member to act as LCO on Friday.
Here are descriptions from the Washington Aerospace Range Procedures of the jobs mentioned above.
- Handles load/fire/recover sequence for each rack
- Declares "range open" and "range closed"
- Monitors range for interference and/or safety problems
- Pushes the buttons
- Check that fliers have paid range fees and filled out flight cards, including correct date and RSO initials
- Assigns rockets to racks and pads
- Official responsibility for all safety-related issues
- Can delegate authority to other safety officers
- Must have Tripoli or NAR L2 certification
- RSO's word on safety issues is final and will not be changed
- Assists fliers in placing rockets on pads, attaching igniters and checking continuity
- Mobile in the launch area to assist fliers as required
- Coordinates with RSO and LCO for misfires and recycles
- Checks-in attendants upon arrival
- Handles club membership applications and renewals
- Distributes flier and spectator wrist bands
- Sells raffle tickets